Ganglion cysts, also known as Bible cysts or Bible bumps, are small, round sacs or lumps filled with a viscous synovial fluid. The size of the lumps can range from pea-size to nearly an inch in diameter. They usually form over a joint or tendon in the fingers, wrists, ankles or soles of the feet.
Symptoms Of Ganglion Cyst
• Pain and discomfort along with tingling sensations,
• Numbness or muscle weakness.
• Depending on the size, these cysts may feel firm or spongy.
• Here are the top 6 home remedies for ganglion cysts.
How To Get Rid Of A Ganglion Cyst
You can reduce the discomforts associated with a ganglion cyst with regular use of warm compresses. It will increase blood circulation to the affected area and promote fluid drainage. It will also reduce pain and swelling.
• However, warm compresses will not prevent the growth of a cyst.
• Soak a washcloth in warm water and wring out the excess water.
• Put this warm cloth directly on the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Repeat 3 or 4 times daily until the cyst is gone.
Black Tea Bags
The acidic property of black tea helps heal a ganglion cyst and prevents it from getting worse. The tea’s anti-inflammatory nature also provides relief from pain and swelling.
• Dip a black tea bag in warm water for 5 minutes.
• Remove it and squeeze out the excess water.
• Hold the moist, warm tea bag over the affected area for 10 minutes.
• Repeat a few times daily for several days.
Frankincense oil is an effective astringent that can help reduce the size of a ganglion cyst and prevent it from recurring. It can also ease the pain.
• Apply 2 drops of frankincense oil on your cyst.
• Cover it with a soft, clean bandage.
• Do this once daily, using a clean bandage each time, until the size has reduced. Continue applying the oil for a couple of weeks to reduce the risk of recurrence.
If your ganglion cyst is causing unbearable pain, you can use ginger to reduce it. The anti-inflammatory property of ginger helps ease the pain and discomfort.
• Drink homemade ginger tea 2 or 3 times daily or include more ginger in your cooking. To make ginger tea, cut an inch of fresh ginger root into slices and simmer it in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
• Alternatively, you can take ginger supplements. Always consult a doctor before taking a supplement.
You can also use turmeric to get rid of a ganglion cyst. This herb has positive effects on inflammation and pain.
• Apply some fresh turmeric juice directly on the affected area 2 or 3 times daily for several days.
• Alternatively, you can take this herb in supplement form, daily. Always consult a doctor first, as it can increase the risk of bleeding if you take blood-thinning medications.
Echinacea increases the level of the properdine chemical in your body, which stimulates your immune system and helps shrink the ganglion cyst.
• Buy over-the-counter echinacea ointment and apply it topically to the cyst. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day until you get rid of it completely.
• You can also drink a cup of echinacea herbal tea once or twice daily for not more than a week.
Note: People who have an autoimmune disorder should not take this herb internally.